With the rise of VR/AR, AI, metaverse, and other concepts, we witnessed many virtual characters appearing on many social media platforms, either as online streaming hosts or as virtual singers. Among them, “Hatsune Miku”, a well-known virtual singer, is the most representative character. In Web3, there are also many projects that want to combine some of the Web3-native features with virtual characters, to give more possibilities to the traditional avatar field, such as NFT support for digital ownership and access rights, the token economy in creator economic incentives, etc.
Launched in 2021, Lifeform is a visual decentralized identity (DID) solution provider. Since 2018, Lifeform has planned to implement visual DID with the vision of establishing interoperability between the digital and physical realms. Lifeform core technologies include:
- Virtual Avatar Technology. It provides various supports for personalized character features, body image, costumes, clothing, accessories, and backgrounds. It enhances the movement and facial expression of avatars through motion capture, 3D modeling, and real-time rendering technologies.
- Web3.0 Technology. It is a decentralized protocol compatible with photos, videos, and motion graphics. Binding virtual avatars to user information, it stores account login information and the avatar together as 3D NFT in Metadata.
Lifeform created a plug-and-play tool that allows users to bring their avatars to Web2 social media as their own interactive representations. Lifeform incubated Halo, a recently popular avatar NFT project, to create an ecosystem around Halo’s avatar and DID technology. Currently, Halo’s NFT is up on platforms such as OpenSea and Binance NFT.
Lifeform will offer 3 solutions:
1. Create digital citizens. Lifeform enhances online identities using real-life 3D avatars and creates virtual images tailored for each virtual world.
2. Bringing Web2 users into virtual worlds. Lifeform creates a plug-and-play tool that supports the movement of user images across all video streaming software, connecting them with one click through local software.
3. Reborn in Web3. Lifeform DID protocol is provided by unique avatar to access all Web3 social networks.
Currently, Lifeform’s roadmap is planned to be developed in 3 phases.
- Phase I: Creation-centric. Lifeform will build virtual character editors to enable dynamic management of virtual objects through computer vision, low-latency graphics rendering and other technologies.
- Phase II: Connection-centric. Lifeform will solve the problem of cross-chain NFT storage, connect to streaming platforms through functional one-click plugins, provide metaverse visual recognition DID, SaaS system services and SDK implementation, etc.
- Phase III: Citizenship-centric. Lifeform will open up commercial services and build a fundamental ecosystem that can incubate all digital-related applications.
Halo realizes interoperability with the real world through the original economic system and branding. There is a channel for users, where they enter the virtual world by holding the Halo avatars. Halo is mainly used to enter the metaverse and Web2 social platform through the avatar NFT.
The underlying core of the Halo project is the Halo protocol, a 3D interactive visual credential identity service, designed specifically for the Web3-native metaverse. It allows users to freely and easily manage and control their virtual-world digital identities and avatars without intermediaries.
A new paradigm for the four-layer model of the HALO protocol:
- Halo DID Paradigm Standard. The hub for developing, discussing, and managing all the activities needed to create and maintain an interoperable and open ecosystem for the DID stack.
- Halo Protocol Oracle System & HALO API. It includes communication, storage, key management, and other infrastructure components.
- Halo Protocol Credentialing System. The system solves how DIDs negotiate control verification and identity verification and securely transfer data between identity owners.
- Halo Interactive NFT. It provides consumers with consumption value and immediate use cases.
Halo Metaverse Scene:
- Halo Show. Halo NFT releases and original events. It includes 5 shows and a release of 1000 Halo NFTs on each show. HALO label will sign with those most loved avatars and manage commercial routes with the community, such as commercial endorsements, metaverse concerts, etc.
- Halo Concern. Halo Concern is the metaverse-scenario plan after Halo Show.
- Halo Exhibition. HALO Exhibition is an art exhibition in the metaverse, with 3D visuals and real-time motion graphics to create an immersive feeling. Exhibition themes will be related to avatars, such as film, music, and luxury goods.
- Halo Merchandise. Halo will have a merchandise store where users can buy clothes and equipment for their DID avatars.
Halo avatars are mainly used in:
- Metaverse-native scenarios. Halo avatars will be used in Halo’s natively designed metaverse scenarios.
- Aggregate social/metaverse scenarios. Halo avatars will be used in other metaverse scenarios (e.g. The Sandbox, Decentraland, etc.) and Web2 streaming platforms for social and commercial activities.
On August 16th, 2022, Halo NFT is released on both Ethereum and BSC. It is available for trading on both OpenSea and Binance NFT platforms.
Halo’s total trading volume on OpenSea is 1.9K ETH, with a floor price of 1.92E (~3260 USD).
On the Binance NFT platform, the total trading volume was 772,905.63 USD and the floor price was 3,519 USD.
The main uses of Halo NFT include:
1. HALO NFT holders can control avatars for video socialization on major platforms such as Discord, Tiktok, Zoom, GoogleMeet, and all other video streaming platforms.
2. Get HALO List, the second batch of Waitlists for minting the NFT.
3. Customized male NFT will be airdropped to Genesis NFT holders.
4. Airdrop of HALO’s metaverse land.
5. HALO will issue tokens and airdrop tokens to those who pledge NFT.
Halo NFT pledge rules: https://halonft.art/staking
1. Each Halo NFT can earn Halo Points every day. The top-ranking IDs will have bonuses.
2. The Halo Points earned are proportional to the staking period. There are three types of staking periods: flexible, 1 week, and 1 month.
At present, the number of VTubers and Virtual Influencers in the traditional fields is large. The entire business model in the traditional fields is also mature. But the Web3-related projects are still in the early stage. Avatar-concept projects in Web3 still need to solve the problems of technical barriers such as the lack of immersive experience in the metaverse and the poor performance of hardware devices. The whole avatar-concept industry is still in the early development stage. We need to prepare for a long development cycle.
About Moon Capital
Moon Capital is a cutting-edge investment firm focused on blockchain and cryptocurrency. Moon Capital portfolio includes, Project Galaxy, Woo Network , Matrix World, Litentry, DeepDAO and some other high-quality projects.